9 August 2018 - Secured deal for the ex-HMAS Darwin scuttling for the East Coast of Tasmania.
23 July 2018 - Announced $10 million funding for the Devonport LIVING CITY Project
10 June 2018 - Announced $30,000 funding for the upgrade of the George Town Netball Courts
28 May 2018 - Joined The Nationals and became the first Tasmanian member of The Nationals - Nationals' Senator for Tasmania
16 May 2018 - Announced $30 million funding for the Cradle Mountain Masterplan
15 May 2018 - Announced $4.8 million funding for Cradle Coast Coastal Pathway
2 May 2018 - Announced $125,000 funding package for agriculture exports - $50,000 for Seed Potato - Indonesia Market Improvement and $75,000 for Export Onion Rebuilding strategies
8 March 2018 - Announced $100,000 funding for Fruit Growers Tasmania to assist with public awareness campaign regarding biosecurity
1994 - National Service Medal for 15 years volunteer service with Devonport Fire Brigade. Presented with “bar” for 25 years service.
1994 - Founder of Devonport based, not for profit, independent teenage committee “The Solution Inc.”.
1995 - Founder of sister teenage committee - “Enormity Inc – Concepts of Great Wickedness” - in Ulverstone.
2001 - International Volunteer of the Year, “Local Hero Award”.
2001 - Life Member – Enormity Inc.
2002 - Tasmania Day Community Service Award – Steve Martin.
2003 - Recipient of Centenary Medallion for community service and work with young people.
2003 - Recipient of Tasmanian Fire Service Volunteer Medal for service beyond call.
2004 - Tasmanian Finalist - Australian of the Year.
- Solar power for public buildings owned by Council
- Clean up of the former Maternity Hospital - removal of asbestos
- Reduction in Council meeting and workshop meals
- Expansion of Devonport Bluff Playground
- Creation on an off-leash dog complex
- Free WIFI in Devonport Mall and surrounds
- Devonport becoming a “Learning Community” – lifelong learning
- Annual Festival of Learning – September
- Pirate Day – a family day at the Bass Strait Maritime Centre
- Reduction in Aldermen Numbers 12 down to nine (2014)
- Purchase and demolition of the old Maternity Hospital
- 2018 Tasmanian Masters Games
- LIVING CITY, the largest regional project undertaken in regional Tasmania
- 2017 Australian Masters Games, NW Tasmania
- Kommunity Kids, East Devonport
- Devonport Reader’s Cup
- Toast for Kids Charity Gala - sponsoring school breakfast clubs and “Books for Babies
- Elected as Devonport’s representative on the Cradle Coast Authority 2011 – 2018
- Elected to Cradle Coast Authority Board 2017
- Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT) 2011- 2018
- LGAT General Management Committee 2017 – 2018
- Chairman Mersey Leven Emergency Management Committee 2012 – 2018
- Maidstone Park Management Controlling Authority 2012 –2018
- Mayor’s Charity Trust Fund - Chairman
- Name change to reflect the work of Dame Enid Lyons to the Dame Enid Lyons Trust fund
- Officially opened o Devonport Aquatic Centre – SPLASH, Bass Strait Maritime Centre, Julie Burgess – historic ketch and K&D Warehouse Mitre 10
RATES Financial year 12/13 rate increase 1.8% result $674,000 underlying surplus; FY 13/14 rate increase 1.6% result $1.08mill underlying surplus; FY 14/15 Zero rate increase result $2.3mill underlying surplus ; FY 15/16 Zero rate increase result $3.02mill underlying surplus; FY 16/17 zero rate increase result TBA; FY 17/18 zero rate increase result TBA